The Government Offices Great George Street - GOGGS as it is known in London, was originally designed and built between 1898 and 1917. It is an island site bounded by Parliament Street, Great George Steet, Horse Guards Road and King Charles Street.
GOGGS, which is a Grade II listed building, has been largely untouched since it was built. There is a very distinctive large circular court in the middle of the building, derived from an original Inigo Jones design for another building. All Treasury officials and Ministers are housed in the new open-plan accommodation which retains the building's facade.
Colt supplied and installed nearly 300 special ECO ventilators around the various courtyard atriums which have been enclosed as part of the refurbishment works. The atriums have also been supplied with high specification internal security grilles, and Meteor type access doors which allow access to the roof for maintenance purposes.
The scheme is designed to provide smoke and day-to-day comfort ventilation to each of the atriums and utilises wind speed and directional feedback so that the correct configuration of ventilators in always operational. Internal temperature sensors allow for close monitoring of the atrium space temperature and automatically open and close ventilators according to the user set points.